Monday, April 18, 2011

CoCo, Big Train, & the 15th Verse


Colton O'Neill Haas
& Big Train


Today is a very special day.  My silly monkey CoCo was born 4 years ago.  He was incredibly sweet from day 1 and has been the most laid back child.  He is a happy, loving boy and full of energy, but he is also very obedient and kind.  I am not exaggerating when I say he is my monkey.  Sometime before he turned two I found him on top of the kitchen table hanging from the chandelier.  A couple of days ago I looked out the back window and found him climbing on the outside of the slide (we have a spiral, enclosed slide) all the way over the top before he slid down.  This is at least 10 feet in the air.

Colton came 5 1/2 years after the twins so I was not sure how he would adjust to losing his "baby" position and welcoming in a baby sister.  I knew he always loved babies and would kiss up on them if given the chance.  I always thought he would be a great big brother; however, I was not sure he would have that opportunity.  But God decided otherwise, and Colton is an amazing big brother.  There never was an adjustment period.  He loves sweet Kylee so much!  He relinquished the baby role easier than I could have ever imagined, and he has never even been jealous of her.

Colton had his birthday party several weeks ago.  It was a train party, and he loved every minute of it.  I did not think any child could love trains more than Calvin, but I think Colton has surpassed it.  Big Train, as Colton affectionately named this Santa Fe train, is located at the Train Park in Temple, TX.  It is his most favorite place to go.  Along with the full size version that is available for kids to climb on and ring the bell, there is also an incredible park for the kids to play on. 

If you ask CoCo his birthday, he will tell you it is April 18th.  However, I must admit he was a little confused on the timing of things probably since it has been two weeks since his party.  I think it all soaked in when he got to blow out another candle and open a few more presents today.

I purposely was waiting to post our verse for April 15 until today.  Back in February I decided that it would be cool to memorize each of the children's bible verse prayed over them at their dedications during the time their birthday fell.  (Obviously, we will do that a little differently with the twins.)  I think this will make each child feel special and remember the specific things we pray for them as we memorize these.  I know when we introduced this one last Friday night that Colton's eyes lit up when he realized it was his verse.  We prayed for guidance in directing us to Colton's verse, and the following verse is the one God kept leading us back to:

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.  Do everything in love.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14


We celebrate you today and everyday Colton O'Neill!!  Happy 4th Birthday!  I love you!

Only By God's Grace...
Callie Ann


No comments:

Post a Comment