Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Portrait Studio Adventure

I am not a fan of going to the portrait studio.  I prefer for us to take our own because Kevin has the talent with my creativity to do it.  However, every now and then I make the trip to the studio.  It is not really that I hate the results because the kids took some great portraits today, but it is the process that I am not fond of.  We managed to get some really beautiful pictures today at Sears of all places.  I get a little flustered because I feel rushed during the whole process, yet it takes for-ev-er.  We go in all happy and excited to take beautiful pictures and usually come out tired and hungry. 

We had to go to Sears because of a decision I made nine years ago.  I had the twins pictures taken in the tin tub with the cloud background and yellow duckies.  I really love those pictures and they grace the kids bathroom wall.  I repeated the procedure with Colton so it would not look right to not have sweet Kylee's face up there as well.  So we packed up and went to Sears for the infamous "tub" picture.


I will now have all four tub pictures on the bathroom wall.  It will be complete.  I also decided to go ahead and take Kylee's picture in her beautiful dedication gown.  I am so glad I did.  There are so many of these that I love, but here are a few.






I am really glad I had these taken because we are finally having her dedication this Sunday, and now I have a beautiful picture to submit for it.  The old saying is true that the more children you have the less pictures you have of them.  Well, I have a lot of snapshots, but I hardly have any great portraits of Kylee or Colton.  I think the twins had theirs taken every 2 or 3 months their first year of life.  Here a few more of my favorites from today.





I will say that I love the fact that I came home with a cd of 78 pictures!!  The moral of the story is now that I am not feeling the frazzlement of going to the studio, I am so happy to have these pictures.  The photo session itself was tiring and I was sweating by the end of it, but Colton and Kylee were both happy.  The worst part is trying to make all of the decisions at the computer after the session with the pressure of needing to make the right decisions all while your older son is running up and down the hall with the football prop you had brought and a baby wanting to sleep.  Colton decided that it would be a great idea to try and make baskets with the quilt rack they had displaying products.  I let him know that was not a very good idea, and he obeyed.  However, then he had to find other things to keep him entertained.  I mean what fun is it for an active boy to have to sit patiently and wait while Mommy makes portrait decisions.  Kylee did not cry, she just sucked on her fingers and every now and then would politely vocalize her desire to leave.  I have developed a list of places for anyone needing natural birth control, and this is on it.  My children were not horrible, but I did not even mention the other crying  and bored children that we witnessed.  I decided to order the minimum and get the cd so that I could make better decisions at home.

All of this for cherished memories.  Memories of ages of my precious children that I can never get back.  I am sad when I think of how fast they are growing, yet I love every new development and accomplishment they make.  Another day gone, but there are so many more memories to make tomorrow!

I was not going to blog about it, but I simply cannot sign off without voicing my pride in my Lady Aggies Basketball team!  They are headed to the Final Four for the first time in program history!  Whoop!

Only By God's Grace...
Callie Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment