Sunday, February 13, 2011

I am answering the call.

I am answering the call to blog.  What do you mean you might say?  Well, I have wanted to blog for a long time, but I felt actually "called" to blog about 9 months ago.  The Lord even gave me the title of my blog during a prayer session.  Can you believe that a simple title would be one of my excuses (aka perfectionism) to not starting my blog.  I did not obey.  So, Only By God's Grace I am answering the call and learning a lesson in obedience in the process.

I am great at making excuses.  I mean I am a Momma to four beautiful children including an infant so I do not have time.  I am a stay at home mom so I should have time, right?  But I have to love my husband, my children, cook, clean, taxi, doctor, eat, sleep, church, baseball, soccer...need I go on?  I am full of excuses.  Oh, and Lord I must talk to you daily and read your Word and Worship because those are things I need and thrive on.  I must admit I am not the best at fulfilling all of my needs, and I confess this on a regular basis.  However, at the end of the day I know my life is fuller, I am happier, and I am better able to bless my family & friends, and minister to others when I am in His Word and in relationship with Him.  However, I know it is Only By God's Grace that I am forgiven for my disobedience, excuse-making, and perfectionism.

This is a new frontier, and I am rather excited about this journey as I sit here and actually type out my first blog.  I am not sure where this will go, but, of course, I have ideas in my own mind.  I am thankful that since this is faster than journaling that I will have a great legacy for me and my children to reflect upon.  The older I get the more I forget things, and this will be a great way to remember those great memories that are often forgotten.  However, I will obey and allow the Lord to lead the way and I will follow, but I am sure that I will hijack it along the way.  I am humbled and blessed by so many beautiful blogs by beautiful people, but this is another struggle on pride and perfectionism that must be conquered.  I will constantly pray that my pride and perfectionism will not stand in the way.  I know there is no right or wrong, no rule on how much I have to type each day, and no need to worry if there are some days where I do not have anything insightful to say.  I will also pray that each person who takes the time to read my family's triumphs & failures as I give transparency to our lives that they will each be blessed.  I will pray that when the Spirit tugs at your heartstrings that you obey.

Only By God's Grace
With much love,
Callie Ann

1 comment:

  1. Praising and thanking God for His Grace, Love, and the many ways He is at work in our lives growing us in His Love and answering prayers. Praising and thanking God for you and for helping you to be the beautiful woman you are on the inside and outside!!! (Answers to prayers from when He was creating you and forming you in my womb and all the days since you were born and all the remaining days of your precious life!) You are a beautiful fragrant Godly woman and one of God's most beautiful creations! :-) Praising and thanking God for helping you hear and remember His call and your obedience to it! God is doing a mighty work in you and you have been greatly blessed in many ways and are a blessing to many. Confident God will use this blog to continue to help and bless you and help you to help and bless many! Praising and thanking God for answering prayers in helping you to understand and know the importance and blessings of daily spiritual food and special times with Him each day! Thanking and praising God and overflowing with love and joy as I thank Him for the gift of your precious life and love and the gift He gave me and others through you! Thanking and praising Him for the many ways He is at work in our lives in big and small ways!!! Our God is truly an amazing and awesome God!! I know it was no accident that He blessed me in seeing your blog and the joy if being the first of what I am confident will be many to read and post. Praising and thanking Him for this special blessing and many more! Love you my precious heavenly blessing and will be remembering you and your blog ministry in my prayers of praise, thanksgiving, and requests in your behalf. With The Love of Christ and many prayers, forever and always, your mother "agmimi"

    ReplyDelete