Monday, February 21, 2011

If you can dream it, then it's too small for God.

My husband is a dreamer that is only grounded when others give critical feedback and, subsequently, crush the dream.  I am a dreamer that is grounded when I begin to doubt the possibilities.  I wish I would not become grounded so easily by my own demise.  I wish my husband would not allow himself to be so affected by others.  The saddest part of this and hardest to admit is I have often been the dream crusher.   I am also an eternal optimist; therefore, I have learned that as long as I allow that attitude to prevail I can relinquish doubt and allow our dreams to take flight.

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.  --Ephesians 3:20-21

Brian Crump, a minister at our church, stated, "If you can dream it, then it's too small for God."  This statement was in reference to the scripture noted above.  Our Lord is able to do abundantly exceedingly more than we can even know to ask or dream up.  And to think that I could ever even doubt the possibilities when I serve a Lord that can go above and beyond what I even think is impossible or highly unlikely.  If I am doubting what can be accomplished when I dream it and make requests to my Father, then I am not putting complete trust and faith in His abilities.  Nothing is impossible with God (Luke 1:37 and referenced in many other scriptures).

Kevin and I stepped out on faith a year and a half ago to start our own company and fulfill a dream.  We desire for it to become more of a mission and servant-oriented business that helps people in need.  Kevin's heart is to give generously of his time and talents, but our inherent need of survival makes this seem difficult to achieve.   We have our ideas and dreams of where this company can go, but we want to follow God's plan because His plan is bigger and better than our own.  We must continue to persevere and trust in the Lord, in His provision, His perfect timing, and remember that His dreams for our lives are bigger and better than we can even comprehend.  The term "dream big" is an understatement when we give it to the Father for nothing is impossible with Him.

Only By God's Grace
With much Love,
Callie Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment